Wrap Magazine Issue 10Wrap
Featuring a fantastic cover by French illustrator Jean Jullien, our Spring/Summer 2014 edition of Wrap is inspired by Nature's living sculptures – plants, and the abstract forms they can evoke. Five of today's most exciting graphic artists create exclusive illustrations based on the theme for our five pull-out wrapping papers, and we explore the current 'New Abstract' movement, which takes inspiration from the 1980s multi-coloured designs of The Memphis Group.
INSIDE ISSUE 10...
- Illustrations on the theme of ‘Into The Wild’ by Pat Bradbury, Atelier Bingo, Saskia Pomeroy, Llew Mejia, and Elena Boils
- 5 x pull-out wrapping papers
- The humorous and political Jean Jullien [cover artist] talks us through his distinctive hand-drawn style and how using illustration to highlight social issues is close to his heart
- A look into the origins of Eternity Stew's fantastical Paper Plant series
- The Poundshop co-founder George Wu get us thinking about how to price graphic arts products
- We look at how the radical work of 1980s designers The Memphis Group is inspiring contemporary illustrators and makers today
- Marcello Velho continues the Memphis Group vibes with an illustrated essay inspired by his childhood spent in Miami and the group's visionary work
- Eight artists from around the globe – including Sac Magique, Ping Zhu and Matthew the Horse – share with us the most essential tool to their creative practice
Designed & published in the UK. Printed on FSC certified paper using vegetable-based inks.